Many of you were asking in our Facebook group for some quick and easy to make weight loss breakfast Recipes. So I did a little digging and came up with these 5 ideas.
Skipping or having an unhealthy breakfast while being on weight loss pursuit is not a good idea. According to an article by WebMD, Breakfast helps you to kickstart your metabolism by breaking your overnight fast. But making breakfast is a time-consuming task for many especially if you have to go to your job early in the morning.
A good breakfast is one that contains balanced Nutritional values and reduces hunger pangs. Here I have talked about Five Recipes which are healthy as well as tasty. These breakfasts are easy to make and are filled with protein and fiber to naturally aid your weight loss journey.
Oats also referred to as “Jaee” in Hindi, are high in Fiber and Protein. Oats helps in keeping the feeling of satiety (feeling full) for long because of high protein content. It is a quick and easy recipe for a busy morning and loaded with iron.
Oats Poha Recipe
- 1.5 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 teaspoon Roasted peanuts optional
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped onions
- 1/4 cup Chopped Carrots
- 1/4 cup Frozen Peas
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 5-7 pieces of Curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder sukha dhaniya
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric OR Haldi
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- Salt to taste
- Put Oats in a colander (perforated bowl to strain off extra liquid)
- sprinkle a little water to make them soft, It should be quick. Oats should feel soft, not mushy.
- Heat oil in a pan and add curry leaves and mustard.
- add chopped carrots and peas when mustard starts to crackle.
- Now add chopped onion and tomatoes, cook for another few minutes.
- Next up add spices and oats, mix it well.
- let it cook for another minute
- serve hot, you can sprinkle namkeen bhujia over it.
See also: 10 Lifestyle changes for weight loss
Dalia is a low-calorie superfood perfect for weight loss breakfast. what makes Dalia special is Its high fiber quantity. Daliya is high in fiber that delays digestion. Because the output of sugar is not in big quantum, it is not converted into fat.
Dalia is also loaded with protein which reduces hunger pangs and boosts metabolism. A bowl of Daliya has a very low glycaemic index (It is a measure of how food affects blood sugar level). The low glycaemic index also aids in weight loss. Dalia is a Hindi term for broken cereals.
Vegetable Dalia Recipe
- 1 cup Dalia/broken wheat
- 1 medium-sized onion finely chopped
- 1- inch ginger chopped
- 1 or 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized tomato finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped potatoes
- ½ cup shelled green peas/fresh or frozen
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tbsp oil or ghee
- Salt to taste
- heat oil or ghee in a pressure cooker.
- spread the cumin first in the hot oil.
- add chopped onions and saute till they become brown.
- now add chopped ginger, green chilies and saute for some seconds
- add tomato and saute for 1 minute.
- now add all the veggies and saute for 2 minutes.
- keep stirring
- rinse the Dalia and add it to the cooker.
- stir for 3-4 minutes.
- add 4 cups of water and salt
- stir and pressure cook for 10-12 whistles till the Dalia is cooked well.
- if the Dalia has not cooked completely, then add some more water and pressure cook for a few whistles more or cook without the lid till they are softened and you get a thick creamy consistency.
- garnish vegetable Dalia with coriander leaves and serve hot or warm.
We have always been fascinated by tiny tails coming out of chickpeas and moong dal as a kid. But as we grow up we don’t find something good in these foods. Ohh wait.. or is there something more that can blow your mind even now. Yeah, you guessed it right Sprouts are a great source of fiber, one of the essential key component for weight loss.
Fiber helps to lose weight because they are an appetite suppressant. Further, It is rich in antioxidant and chlorophyll which helps in detoxifying your body by boosting the oxygen levels in the body. If you are not convinced yet, give a read to this Informational article about sprouts.
Chatpata Sprouts Salad Recipe
- Moong Sprouts
- Red chili powder 1 tablespoon
- Onion finely chopped 1 medium
- Green capsicum cut into small pieces 1 medium
- Boiled and cubed potatoes
- 2 Finely chopped green chilies
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoons
- boiled Kala chana Black gram 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Amchur powder 2 teaspoons
- Chaat masala 2 teaspoons
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoons
- Sev 2 tablespoons
- Rest assured this would be the easiest one 😅
- Take all the Ingredient in a bowl and mix it well
- Serve the salad garnished with seb (Namkeen Bhujia)
Idli is a south Indian dish and one of the most healthy breakfast options. It is steamed, not fried which gives Idli a headstart in the race of healthy foods. Oats Idli is also rich in protein and fiber, which again makes it more satiating. But one of the unique things about Idli is that it is fermented and fermented foods are very easy to digest.
Moreover, It aids in a better breakdown of vitamins and minerals which improves digestion. If you prefer normal Idli instead of oats Idli, then you are also good to go as Idli itself has all the benefits but with slightly more calorie content than Oats Idli. However, you decide to eat Oats Idlis are a perfect fit for a weight loss breakfast.
Oats Idli Recipe
- 1.5 cups oats
- 2.5 cup water or as required
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cauliflowers
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Eno or soda
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 6 – 8 curry leaves
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 carrot grated or finely chopped
- 1/2 cup semolina/Rava
- 1/2 cup thick curd
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green beans
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp ginger finely chopped
- heat oil in a pan
- add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and let it crackle
- add ginger, green chilies, and onion. saute for a minute
- Add all the veggies and saute for another 4-5 mins till it is cooked
- add Rava or semolina and dry roast along with veggies
- once done remove from pan and keep aside
- dry roast oats for 2-3 mins
- after turning the gas off, keep stirring
- let It cool and then blend it to make a smooth powder
- add powdered oats and previously sauteed bowl of veggies and Rava
- add salt to taste
- Now add water gradually to make idli batter with a thick consistency
- mix it well with a wire whisk
- grease the idli molds and place one tablespoon Idli batter
- steam for 12-15 minutes. Don’t open it immediately after turning off the gas
- Remove the mold and let it settle for 1-2 minutes. Now with the help of
- a spoon scrape the idlis out of the mold
- Serve with chutney or sambhar
See also: How to Use Bananas for weight loss
One egg has only 75 calories and 7 grams of protein. It’s very rare for any other food to beat eggs in terms of nutrition. You may argue that egg yolk is bad for weight loss but It’not that bad as It is said to be. Egg yolk contains only 186 mg of cholesterol i.e one-fifth of a gram.
Also, it contains good cholesterol. Moreover, Cholesterol is needed by the body to make testosterone which helps to build muscle and increase energy level. Further egg yolk contains Iron, Vitamin B2, B12, and D, which are missing from egg whites. Long story short, you can consume the whole egg if you are not on a very strict diet pattern.
Tasty Egg Bhurjee Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt – to taste
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 2 medium-size onions finely chopped small cubes
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chilies
- 1 medium-size tomato finely chopped small cubes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- First of all, add oil and heat it in a pan.
- Add finely chopped onions into it, add finely chopped green chilies, saute for few minutes.
- Add salt and keep stirring the onions for them to get a soft and very slight golden color.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, red chili powder saute and cook for few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, collect all the egg liquids, add salt according to taste, red chili powder, turmeric powder and give a good stir.
- Add the beaten eggs to the pan, mix it thoroughly.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on slow flame or until Bhurjee is done.
- serve hot as bread and roti filling…